Manuscript Wish List #MSWL. Updated September 12, 2017
#ownvoices works take precedence for me. I’m looking to get more diversity by diverse people into the world. All wished for manuscripts should be read as own voices preferred.
- An erotic romance with accurate history about King James and his torrid m/m love affairs while simultaneously loving and respecting his queen, Anne. Article on the topic.
- Diverse fairy tale retellings. I want LGBTQUIA+ &/or disabled/PoC retellings of all the classic fairy tales, but feel free to twist the tropes and concepts HARD. I’d also really love to publish some non-European folk tales and stories written by someone FROM the culture.
- Polyamory, I want more ethical polyamorous romance so badly. Bonus if it’s kinky, but it doesn’t have to be.
- I want a rich urban fantasy with a disabled and/or neurodivergent MC who kicks ass while coping with their disabilities.
- Lush historical fantasy/alternate history with dragons, or elves and magic, 2nd world fantasy is my favorite type of fantasy, so wow me by twisting tropes, typical MCs and settings.
- I always love and acquire well-written vampires. They can be sexy or scary or anything in between but they need to be well-written.
- Diverse Mermaids. Fat mermaids, trans mers, PoC mermaids, man-eating lesbian mermaids… you get the idea.
- Indigenous stories by indigenous voices.
- Weres, but I want different weres, either the relationship dynamic has to be different, or the critter they shift into has to be, something needs to make it different from everyone else’s weres.
- Submissive males in kinky fiction. Inexperienced Dom/mes.
- Bisexuality as fact (coming out/self-discovery stories are fantastic, but I want more where it’s already a given).
- An autistic main character in spec fic or romance. Own Voices ONLY
- Non-binary main characters
- Acespec and arospec main characters, especially in romance. Can be clean/non-explicit for these.